4.24.2016

El fin y el comienzo / Guillermo Parra

The end and the beginning

The end and the beginning
I step towards the world
Amid bodies that gather
A single desire
Copious like a sky
They are cities and seasons
Streets that lead to a single
And hard possession
Solar rose sex of the skies
Savage hydra
A thousand times I bit your thousand lips
I contemplated your thousand eyes
I made you starfish
Sonorous cliff
I drank sipped the wines in you
Beside your fire
I covered myself in your ashes
Your ireful hydras
You were the blind night
But I could see
Cracks passageways in the darkness
I would always exit
To the glowing fury
The earth irradiated in my eyes
I had its face
Visage of volcanic stone
Eruptions of dreams
The forests were breathing in my chest
The coasts the beaches
Writing of desire the sands
The abandonment of our fleetingness
The glory of our fleetingness
A few steps and a glance
Between stupor and the encounter




La mirada (1970)




{ Guillermo Sucre, Conversación con la intemperie. Seis poetas venezolanos, selección y prólogo de Gustavo Guerrero, Barcelona, España: Galaxia Gutenberg/Círculo de Lectores, 2008 }

No comments: